Wednesday, August 10, 2011

what I hope to learn in CS3216



Ok, the standard answer first: Learn new stuff. Of course, the 'new stuff' has been there for ages, and I don't need CS3216 to learn them, but I guess sometimes I need a kick in my ass to get myself going. Just like how I needed RT to pass my IPPT. :/

That's not what I was like in the past; I was much more enthusiastic back then, but somehow somewhere I got lost I guess. Therefore, I hope through this module I can find back some of those sparks that I had, and become a much better person by the end.

As I have mentioned in my personal statement, I want to 'challenge myself as much as possible while I am going through my university education', so I guess through CS3216 I can find out how far I can go. I took CS3215 last semester and had already fulfilled the requirements for a software engineering project, which means CS3216 is totally optional for me. But I think school is a good place for us to push ourselves to our limits (and crash and burn and die). Once I graduate, I will have a butt full of debts to repay; by then I don't know if I still have the courage to make any leap of faith.

Last but not least, I think CS3216 is a good place to meet other people. For far too long I have always been involved in the programming aspect of software development, and interactions have always been limited to fellow programmers. It will be nice to meet the non-programmers, and look at things from their point of view, and they may offer refreshing ideas to projects.

I had plenty of fun with CS2103 and CS3215, and had learnt alot from my teammates; hopefully it will be the same with CS3216!

Shall end this post with one of my favourite songs! Sometimes when I am down and out, this song reminds me why I do what I do.

也许放弃掉一些活得更轻松我却不再是我
我不愿一生晒太阳吹风咸鱼也要有梦

2 comments:

  1. "That's not what I was like in the past"

    And then WHAT happened? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, whatever happened, we're sure glad you're back on track with CS3216. :D Jiayou jiayou! I'm sure we all can make something out of this module. :)

    ReplyDelete